Friday, April 15, 2011

I always wanted to bring my kids to Paris, yet waited as their palates grew up from macaroni and cheese and pizza to salmon and a good cut of steak

Food is often an afterthought to parents planning a vacation
muses Stephen Jermanok during a visit to Paris.
For my family, food is an essential ingredient, the necessary spice that, when added properly, can turn a bland trip into a memorable experience.

… I had always wanted to bring my children to Paris, yet had waited as their palates grew up from macaroni and cheese and pizza to salmon and a good cut of steak. No way would I fly my family of four overseas, only to dine at the McDonald’s on the Champs-Élysées. I had no desire to force sweetbreads down their throats, but I did want them to try new dishes they could find only in Paris.

No comments: