Monday, January 15, 2007

UMP Congress Is Crashed (in a Rather Friendly Way)

Present at the UMP Congress was La Baf, trying to get signatures to prevent Ségolène's execution of Jacques Chirac.

As for myself, I was unceremeniously thrown out.

Arthur Wneir and I were supposed to meet up, but we missed each other, first because I was late, then because he didn't hear his phone ringing.

So you won't see much of me in the Baf post, notably what follows: I took things into my own hands. Dressed up as le bourreau, I walked around the congress as it was closing (there were still hundreds of people) with a sign saying
Ségolène à l'Elysée!
Votez Chirac!
Most people got the fact, that offhand, it was pro-UMP, a lot of them took pictures, but some people were offended, and a drunk UMP guy started pushing me around. By now, burly men started gathering around me.

"C'est de la provoc'," I admitted, "mais c'est de la provoc' PRO-ump et PRO-Sarkozy", so that the equivalent of Jospin's 2002 downfall doesn't happen to Nicolas (NP's W has been predicting a disastrous first round for months), allowing Ségolène to win by default (as Chichi did in 2002).

Finally, the security guys started pushing me around, grabbing for my sign, which they tore from my hands. Then I stood around there for awhile, until seven huge security guys came over, and started pushing, pulling, and dragging me out.

No comments: