Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Giving credit where credit is due

Following a (business class) flight on Air France, Mark needs
to give credit where credit is due – after passing through Charles de Gaulle airport for the second time last week, I was treated to a very pleasant experience, which seldom occurs when I travel. I was about to miss a connection in Paris (because of some Scottish problems in Scotland), but some good guys with Air France and the airport managed to figure this out before I landed, and were there to hustle me off the plane in a van as soon as I arrived. I was aided by a nice kid who helped me jump ahead in the security line, passport controls, and all of the other fun stops at the airport. So, I was able to make the connection.

To the casual observer, I must have seemed very important, like a surgeon who needed to make a flight on his way to save a head of state. If the people who were pushed aside for me knew the truly trivial nature of my existence, there would have been a riot, but fortunately for me, they barely had time to complain before I disappeared. Anyway, without the foresight of the French Connection-People, I would have had to hang around Paris offending Parisians with my Americaness.

No comments: