Friday, June 16, 2006

“American” a Euro codeword for overbearing

Wholely unnecessary, but what the hell - anything to prop up a tender ego, I guess. Note too that Telegraph Alex cartoonist’s notion of NOT USING the Airphone in the headrest in front of you seems just too difficult for a mere mortal to resist. Better to do the non-overbearing European thing, and ban it, eh?



I’m touched that he didn’t try to childishly call him “Billy-Bob” or some other pathetic caricature, but tell me, fellow cretinous American overlords of workplace terror – how many “Cyruses” do you know?


Oh – I forgot, you can’t say that. They’re supposed to be more personally assured, more skillful, lucid, and whatever else than we pre-cambrian Americans, the great idiots and evil geniuses of the world.

Remind me to never mention a British client I’ve had who couldn’t stay focused on the non-personal or the job for more than eight minutes, and who was one of the only near-illiterates whom (as he said) was highly regarded by his peers. Oh yeah, and then there was the stereotypical state of his oral hygiene, and his glowing ‘personality’ which couldn’t even be parodied. His only saving grace was that his education and credentials were falsely assumed to speak for themselves.

I could go on, but I won’t.

The fuse is lit!

No comments: