Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Iraq Is Explained by Army's Failure to Use the French Soldier's Creed: "I am open to the world and to society and respect the differences therin"

Laurent Zecchini has found the reason why the war in Iraq has gone as it has (merci à VHB). In America's Military Strategy Explains the Failure in Iraq, he explains that it's because the American soldier is not as humane as his French counterpart!

Witness the French soldier's code of conduct — and compare it to the American's brutal creed; first the American soldier:
I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values. …

I stand ready to deploy, engage and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian [not the guardian, as the article states] of freedom and the American way of life.…
Contrast this with his French counterpart:
The master of my power, I show respect to the adversary and try to spare the populations. I obey orders respecting the laws, the customs of war, and international conventions … I am open to the world and to society and respect the differences therin.

No comments: